Here Is The List Of Fixes For The Issue Of The Printer Is Not Connected Mac And Windows 10
If a user is facing issues regarding printer no connecting to a computer, then this article might help to solutions to that. The reasons for the issue could be any such as damaged USB cable, printer not detected by the computer, etc.
The printer might not be connecting due to issues with the printer driver on the computer. To resolve the issue of Printer not connected Mac or Windows 10, a user can try out the below-mentioned troubleshooting steps:
Methods 1: Check Your Printer Connection
- The user is required to power off and then power on the printer for restarting. After waiting for a few seconds, it can be used.
- If the printer is connected to the computer through a wire, then the user should ensure that the cable is not damaged and properly inserted in the port. The USB port is also checked and is cleaned for proper usage.
- In the case, the printer is being connected wirelessly via wireless network or Bluetooth; the manual should be read for proper connectivity.
- Sometimes, network issues can also be responsible for the printer connection issue.
Methods 2: Update Printer Driver
- If the printer driver is missing or outdated, it may lead to this issue of the printer is not connected mac / windows 10. So, the user should have updated drivers on the computer.
- Updated printer drivers not only resolve the issues but also help to experience better printing.
- The printer can be updated manually or automatically as per choice.
Methods 3: Troubleshoot Printer Problems
- The user needs to open the Control panel on the computer.
- Then, Devices and Printers option is clicked to proceed.
- The user is required to locate the printer and then right-click on that. The option of Troubleshoot is selected in the list.
- After that, leave the computer to complete the troubleshooting by following on-screen instructions.
Methods 4: Restart Print Spooler Service
The main task of print spooler service is to spool the print jobs and check printer interactions. In case, the service is not working, the user will not be able to see the printers and it wouldn’t get connected.
- The user needs to press Windows+R to get the run box.
- Then, services.msc is entered and OK is clicked.
- After that, the page is scrolled down to search the Print Spooler service.
- The service is stopped and then started again.
- Finally, the computer is restarted and the user can check if the printer is coming up on the list or not.
To get any help regarding Printer not Connected, the technical support of the printer can be contacted using the contact details available on the official website of the printer.